MAKING OUR CLINIC 'COVID SECURE'
Before we are able to book any face to face appointments, our governing body states we must adopt a virtual first approach. To do so we will send you a screening questionnaire to be completed online and sent back to us. This allows us to determine which care pathway is appropriate for you and who needs to be seen in person or may benefit from remote only interventions.
WHEN DECIDING AN APPROPRIATE PATHWAY WE WILL TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION
CLIENT PREFERENCE - Face to face or virtual consultation.
COVID-19 SCREENING - We will screen you for symptoms and risk factors via an online form that will be sent via email.
YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY - We will ask you to complete relevant information about your complaint.
YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISKS AND THE MEASURES WE HAVE IMPOSED TO REDUCE THEM - You will also be required to acknowledge that you have read this document and to sign relevant consent to enable any face to face consultation to be arranged.
Those deemed vulnerable will be discouraged from face to face appointments in line with the shielding advice.
THE TWO TYPES OF APPOINTMENTS THAT ARE OFFERED
These will take place on a computer or smart device / tablet. We are able to ask you clinical questions and see how you move. This can be used to help diagnose your problem, provide advice and advise self management techniques. Any recommended exercises can be put in a personalised exercise programme that will be sent to you electronically. Clients that are shielding and have medical risk factors are encouraged to use this method of intervention.
FACE TO FACE
If it is determined a face to face appointment is appropriate for you, it is important you understand the measures we have put in place. An appointment will not be scheduled for you unless you understand how we have made the clinic 'COVID Secure', you are happy to attend the clinic under current conditions and the benefits of attending outweigh any risk.
During a face to face appointment you should understand.
- The potential nature of close therapist to client contact.
- The level of PPE the therapist will be required to wear.
- The infection prevention and control measures that must be taken.
- You must read a patient information sheet to ensure you understand all the implications and measures put in place to mitigate risk.
BECOMING COVID SECURE - THINGS TO KNOW
- Cheshire Sports Therapy Limited has carried out a full operational risk assessment including premises and any services that we offer on site. We will continue to review Government, health authority and governing body directives, increasing or reducing measures as subject to their advice.
- COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire will be sent via email and must be completed before you can attend a face to face
- You will be screened with COVID-19 questions again just before entry to the clinic
CHANGES TO DIGITAL
- Our systems where possible have been made digital, this includes medical records, payments and scheduling.
- All correspondence including receipts and any prescribed exercises will only be sent electronically at this time.
- It is important we have your correct email address and you check your spam / junk / trash folder.
- Having your correct contact details is important should we need to track and trace you.
CHANGES TO CLINIC
- You will notice new signage, floor markings and posters to promote social distancing inside the clinic.
- All soft furnishings and fabric chairs have been removed or modified to allow disinfection to take place.
- Where possible we will be reducing the use of equipment.
- The waiting area and drinks machine will be out of bounds.
- The toilet will be out of use for clients.
- Clinic capacity has been reduced to maintain social distancing.
- Please observe social distancing, whilst in clinic, by keeping at least 2m from anyone (unless receiving clinical treatment).
- Where possible, you should come to your appointment alone. If you require a chaperone we require them to wear a face covering at all times when within the clinic and they must be screened for COVID-19 before entering the premises.
- We encourage you to travel alone and consider social distancing when parking if possible.
- We ask that if you come by car, please wait in your car in the car park until your booked appointment time. At your appointment time your therapist will come to the main door to collect you, so please keep an eye on the main door.
- You will be given hand sanitiser when entering the clinic.
- Doors will be open or opened for you where possible to avoid touching handles.
- Please try to avoid touching objects and surfaces where possible when in clinic.
- We ask you not to wear your own gloves into the clinic, as this poses a potential risk.
- Hand hygiene forms an important part of controlling any virus transmission. In accordance with 'COVID Secure' guidelines your therapist will wash their hands regularly before and after any client contact.
- You will be required to wear a face covering when attending the clinic. Please bring your own.
- If you do not have a face covering or forget to bring one, we will provide you with one at a cost of £2, which will be added to your appointment invoice.
- Our therapist will be wearing appropriate PPE in line with the latest guidance.
- We are required to keep contact time to a minimum where possible. Total time in clinic for appointments will not exceed the stated treatment times.
- Your therapist will be wearing PPE but will still socially distance where possible.
- 15 minutes between clients is protected to allow disinfection to occur and also avoid contact with other clients.
- Follow up appointments with your therapist will be made at the end of your appointment or by telephone afterwards.
- We encourage you to pay electronically where possible. Cash is accepted on the condition it is of the correct amount for the specified treatment.
- Enhanced cleaning measures are in place for all communal and clinical areas.
- Treatment rooms will be cleaned thoroughly in between every appointment.
- Any frequently touched surface and high contact areas in our communal areas will also be cleaned frequently.
Our priority is to keep you and our staff as safe as possible. We thank you for consideration and co-operation at this unprecedented time.