MAKING OUR CLINIC 'COVID SECURE'
Cheshire Sports Therapy Limited has been required by its governing bodies to fully risk assess its operational procedures since the COVID-19 pandemic. We have produced a policy to ensure where possible the risks are mitigated and the clinic is 'COVID Secure'. At this time, any clients that access our services are required to provide additional consent (This consent will supplement any previous consent obtained by Cheshire Sports Therapy Limited and can be withdrawn at any time), whereby they fully understand the measures that the company has put in place to make the environment as safe as possible for its clients and therapists.
THE TWO TYPES OF APPOINTMENTS THAT ARE OFFERED
These will remain available for any individuals that prefer to seek advice without attending the clinic. These types of appointment will take place on a computer or smart device/tablet. We are able to ask you clinical questions and see how you move. This can be used to help diagnose your problem, provide advice and advise self management techniques. Any recommended exercises can be put in a personalised exercise programmes that will be sent to you electronically. Clients that may be be shielding / isolating or have a number of medical risk factors for COVID-19 may choose to use this method of intervention.
FACE TO FACE
Face to face appointments continue to be available with some protective measures remaining in place.
During a face to face appointment you should understand.
- The potential nature of close therapist to client contact.
- The level of PPE the therapist may be required to wear.
- The infection prevention and control measures that must be taken.
BECOMING COVID SECURE - THINGS TO KNOW
- Cheshire Sports Therapy Limited has carried out a full operational risk assessment including premises and any services that we offer on site. We will continue to review Government, health authority and governing body directives, increasing or reducing measures as subject to their advice.
- Should you display any symptoms of COVID-19 you should not attend your appointment and you must contact the clinic at the earliest opportunity.
CHANGES TO DIGITAL
- Our systems where possible have been made digital, this includes medical records, payments and scheduling.
- All correspondence including receipts and any prescribed exercises will only be sent electronically at this time.
- It is important we have your correct email address and you check your spam / junk / trash folder.
- Having your correct contact details is important should we need to contact you.
CHANGES TO CLINIC
- The waiting area and drinks machine will be out of bounds.
- We ask clients to avoid needing the toilet where possible.
- Please observe social distancing, whilst in clinic, by keeping at least 1m from anyone (unless receiving clinical treatment).
- We ask you to please wait in your car on the car park or stand outside the clinic until your booked appointment time. At your appointment time your therapist will come to the main door to collect you, so please keep an eye on the main door.
- Hand sanitiser will be available when entering the clinic.
- Doors will be open or opened for you where possible to avoid touching handles.
- Please try to avoid touching objects and surfaces where possible when in clinic.
- Hand hygiene forms an important part of controlling any virus transmission. Both clients and therapist should continue to adopt increased adherence to this.
- You are no longer legally required to wear a face covering but may choose to do so when attending the clinic.
- Our therapist will be wearing appropriate PPE in line with the latest guidance.
- Total time in clinic for appointments will not exceed the stated treatment times.
- Your therapist may wear PPE in line with the latest government guidance and will socially distance where possible.
- Time between clients is protected to allow disinfection to occur and also avoid contact with other clients.
- Follow up appointments with your therapist will be made at the end of your appointment or by telephone afterwards.
- We encourage you to pay electronically where possible. Cash is accepted on the condition it is of the correct amount for the specified treatment.
- Enhanced cleaning measures are in place for all communal and clinical areas.
- Regular cleaning of treatment rooms will be completed.
- Any frequently touched surface and high contact areas in our communal areas will also be cleaned frequently.
Our priority is to keep you and our staff as safe as possible. We thank you for consideration and co-operation.